Engineering Manager Jobs Minneapolis
Engineering management is a career that brings together the technological problem-solving savvy of engineering and the organizational, administrative, and planning abilities of management in order to oversee complex enterprises from conception to completion.
Some duties of engineering managers include:
- Responsible for leading and supervising a team of engineers as they develop, test, modify, and create solutions to technical problems.
- Supervise and lead engineers, scientists and technicians who design machinery, plan and develop civil projects, and oversee production and quality control.
- Direct and coordinate production, operations, quality assurance, testing, or maintenance in industrial plants.
- Oversee the research and development of new products and procedures.
- Hire, train, and mentor other engineers and supporting staff.
- Write performance reviews and solve internal issues.
- Discuss and lay out project specifications.
- Make detailed plans to accomplish goals.
Engineering managers often work in the following fields:
See Our Job Openings »
- Oil & Gas
- Electrical utilities
- Power plants
- Wind farms
- Architectural & Engineering Firms
- Land development
- Medical device manufacturing